Saturday, March 8, 2008












(Pictures areFrom Left to Right: Daffodils growing by the Chimey, The cleared electrical easement, our cemetary loaded with daffodils, Annie Lucy Tingle's Stone, Burney & Nancy Tingle's Stone, Nina Era Tingle's Stone, Papa Jim & Gertie's Stone, the new color in the our bedroom (front room), New Colors in the Bow Bedroom, and the beautiful Camilla Tree blooming outside the bow bedroom window.)

Well I am still in NC while I am posting this so I will put new pictures up later. This trip in March of 2008 has been amazing. No demolition, no ripping things apart, no getting hurt, but putting back together and connecting with the past. I left New Jersey on Sunday the 3rd, at 3 am with my U-Haul Truck and it was twenty degrees! Finally we are moving all of our stored stuff to the house and then I will be renting a car while I am there. Amazingly I made it to the NC Border in 7.5 hours! Unheard of....So I unpack the truck as much as I can and get situated. My goal for this week is to get away from the hideous gray NJ winter and work outside and paint the master bedroom and the "Bow Bedroom" or what will be Melissa's room, and what we are currently using as our living room/make-shift kitchen. I get to NC & It's 70 degrees - heaven on earth and no creepy Mexicans staring across the way at me (if you don't know what this is ...read past posts) The Camilla's are in full bloom, the trees are budding and when I open the door to the house I smell fresh lumber, not mold and decay and yuck. Life is good.



I go out the next morning to start raking and moving the piles of wood from the demolition of the first floor and I see my mysterious neighbor in the awesome white craftsman house next door. Now I say mysterious because I have only seen the man once, mowing his lawn and the lady, never. But I knew from Miss Carol down the street that she had been ill...I see her and wave and she comes over in her fuzzy bathrobe and her awesome dog, Mika (she rescued this dog from a previous tenant in my house that was mistreating her). Her name is Judy and a totally holistic, healthy, natural person who also sees ghosts - my kind of woman, and she is an animal lover too. I find that the Tingles I have been looking for are buried in the cemetery on her property, as apparently, James A., (Poppa Jim) built that house for one of his daughters. I go over and see Burney & Nancy & James & Gertie and family members and the children they lost and I am estactic!!!!! Judy gave me the phone number to the GRANDDAUGHTER of the man who built my house, Poppa Jim! What a stroke of luck - I have been searching all over the web for information, and here was the link right next door! Bless you Judy!



I called Nancy immediately, and what a sweet woman! She told me so much about the family, I could have stayed on the phone with her for hours, just gleaning information! I learned that the family sang a lot, and that it was a home filled with love and happiness. They had eight children and Nancy said she would scan and email me pictures of Poppa Jim & Gertie! This means so much as I truly feel that I am a steward of this house, as much as it is my home, it is theirs too, they built it, and it is my duty to pay my respects to the house and to the people that built it. I want so much to put a portrait or picture of Poppa Jim & Gertie in the front foyer, where they belong, front & center!



So I painted the Master bedroom - I will have to remember to ask Nancy who's bedroom that originally was - a beautiful Pumpkin color - bring life and fire back into the house. I had to sleep in the fireplace bedroom while the paint dried (and who's bedroom was that) but it turned out to be a very comfy room, even with the door removed. I guess the new windows really keep out the exterior noise & I slept like a baby although we had a huge tornado like storm during the night. I would have slept through it, but I dreamed that my husband was calling to me to shut the windows, so I got up and shut the windows.



I then began painting the bow bedroom, two shades of sage green in a 12 inch stripe with and 1 inch eggplant stripe between them. Well got the green done & I cannot tell the difference between the two colors at all. I began on the eggplant stripes, but it was so humid & damp the tape was not sticking properly to the walls and I did not want to have to go back & repair 35 stripes. So I chilled, watched a few movies, cleaned like crazy, took walks to the cemetery and hung out with my mom & dad.



I leave tomorrow morning and I will post more but I just had to chat about this!! Post Pictures Soon........C.S.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ma'am,

Please contact me when you can.

Chris Tingle

tinglemajic@yahoo.com

Thank you.