Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Library Looks like the Carribean!

So, after the terrible sheetrocking job, which cost me twice as much to spackle, My trip in March concentrated on getting the library and front parlor painted and the floor in the library refinished.




YES! It's Chartreuse, very bright. Right now it reminds me of our trip to St. Lucia.



The Desk Cubbyhole, also known as Harry Potter's closet...

















I began stripping the paint off the floors, which actually preserved the wood, and found this beautiful-ness underneath layers and layers of paint.







My Handsome puppy MuShu - I left his brother, Little Bear in NJ...But you can see the difference of the stripped floor and the old painted area.








The first coat of urethane is layed down.









Beautiful!!!

My upcoming trip will be to build the shelves in here, stain & poly them. Then the books up and a area rug and a lamp. The shelves and books will calm the very bright color of the room, but it will still be very cheery! And of course add all the new locks and security devices!

Ta ta for now, will post again after I get back!































































































1 comment:

Totalrenovering said...

Fantastic that's the tit for tat. Sign of hard working and perseverance. Thank you for sharing.