Friday, April 18, 2008
































Well the trip down to the house in April was productive, but as usual, too short. The plan for the week was to have the electrical done in the front parlor, support the ceiling joists in the front parlor, insulate and sheet rock. Unfortunately, my electrician came down with the flu, so that part was not completed, but I did the joists, insulation, and moved onto the foyer. I removed all of the wainscoting, cut it to 36 inches, rehung, it, insulated and sheet rocked. I also began the long task of stripping the 18 layers of paint off the parlor mantle and front door. It is amazing the detail in the wood under all that paint. I did a lot of yard work, and was so happy to see the wisteria, azaleas and dogwood trees blooming. I moved some daffodils from the cemetery also. They are so clumped together that they wont bloom. So I passed some along to Mom & Dad, and Judy, and replanted some in the front yard. In conjunction with this, I removed a bunch of privet roots from the cemetery, giving myself a nice case of NC poison ivy. We also discovered that I have a very rare breed of lily on the property, so I have begun cultivating those also, and planted a little garden in the front by the Camilla tree. I began our privacy hedge of iliagnus bushes (to hide the compound next door) from plants donated from Mom & Dad's yard. It was Buji's first trip to the house & his first experience with grass, as we have no grass at the NJ house - only gardens. It was so funny to watch him romp and play in it. Poor Christie came down with some sort of doggy IBS, so she had to go to the vet, and was on medication all week, and just not herself. Poor thing looks worried all the time. My next trip will probably not be until June, as we are so busy at the Mason yard this time of year - it's just go,go,go. I am very tired, but 'tis the season. Enjoy the pictures & will post more soon!


































No comments: